Saturday, May 14, 2011
Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
Please go below this blogpost for Parts ONE and TWO
if you haven't read about Wormsloe State Historic Site in Georgia
Today, I am ending the series with just some nature shots that we got
on the trails in the park.
I was Oooo-ing and Awwww-ing all through our walk
because I found the tropical woods so wondrous.
I was snapping away at everything with my lens.
So grab a mint julip and get your Savannah woods on....
Found a spunky squirrel up in the trees:
I couldn't STOP taking photos of the big oaks full of Spanish moss:
I loved this mossy stump next to the palms:
The palm leaves backlit by the sun:
Everything looked so bright green after the rain and when the sun came out:
Oh gosh...vines AND Spanish moss...it was too wonderful:
I just loved the driftwood we saw on the property. I always wondered just how OLD it might have been:
A wonderfully twisted dead tree:
A little black and white drama of the tree!:
Right as we were leaving the park, I heard a familiar tap-tap-tap.
A woodpecker near the Spanish moss!:
One last shot of the wonderfully twisted dead tree:
Next post, I will do the entire post on those gorgeous Oak trees with spanish moss.
Because I just HAVE to share them with everybody.
I HAVE to......
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIV...
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOU...
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Geor...
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgi...
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgi...
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean...
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)