Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes your kids can surprise you with a really great idea!"
We got home from our marvelous trips to Florida
It took us 4 days of butt-numbing travel by car
to get back to the U.P. of
And, a fewdays later: my daughter called and told us
that her and her fiance
move up their wedding.
They wanted to do an
rather than have a big wedding.
In two or three
They wanted a small, private
we had to go BACK to Florida.
This time we went by plane.
And it was gorgeous.
My daughter did not want her wedding pictures
on the blog.
But, she was fine with me posting the "no people"
So, here goes!!:
The wedding arch.
I loved that you can see two chairs beyond the arch in this photo!:
They had a heart in the sand
where they stepped into to do their vows.
I thought it was such a cute idea.
Oops, So I broke the rules here
and DID show you the bride and groom!:
( I sure wish I could've been barefoot for MY wedding like they got to do!)
The walkway into the rest of their lives together:
When the guests arrived at the wedding, they were greeted by two signs.
This one told them to take off their shoes! Loved it!:
The wedding was wonderful
and the day was gorgeous...
In the 80's with warm, balmy sea breezes.
It ended at sunset, as planned....
Sometimes your childrens' wisdom
But it always delights you.
We had a wonderful time of family love and happiness
which will remain in our memories
for the rest of our lives.
I got a new son-in-law in the family to love, too!
is the DEADLINE
for you to send me your
FREE PHOTO CONTEST photo for this month.
The May 2011theme is:
"Something that Starts with an A"
Better get crackin'....
get it in, get 'er done!!!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Beach Wedding!...otherwise known as "Sometimes you...
- Birds, & Brush!
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FIV...
- Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah Georgia: Part FOU...
- Part Three: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Geor...
- Part TWO: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgi...
- We have a WINNER for April's FREE PHOTO CONTEST. T...
- Part ONE: Bonaventure Cemetery in Savannah, Georgi...
- Oak Trees with Spanish Moss!
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part THREE
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah Georgia: Part TWO
- Wormsloe Park in Savannah, Georgia Photos!!
- More This and That from Florida!
- This and That from Florida
- A visit to Lantana, Florida and the Atlantic Ocean...
- Here they Are! April 2011's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)