Saturday, February 26, 2011
Cold Gorgeous Upper Peninsula Winters!
can be a harsh, cold place
in the winter.
But as us Yoopers say..
the harsh winter is worth staying the rest of the year here for.
And, it is also gorgeous in the winter too.
Today, I want to show you some of what we see:
This is my front yard on a cold and frosty morning:
And later, when the sun came up farther. That is our dock pulled up from the water for storage until the lake melts this spring:
I just love it when the trees have ice and the sun sparkles on them:
Branches laden with snow:
The sun shining on the snowy branches:
Sunrise through the trees!:
Looking at the Marquette lighthouse
on Lake Superior through the branches:
Ice cliffs on the Lake Superior shoreline:
More winter photos of Lake Superior
will be coming to you soon....
After all, the countdown for Spring has begun...and soon...
all this ice
will be melting.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Winter on Lake Superior: Part ONE
- Cold Gorgeous Upper Peninsula Winters!
- A trip in the BOONIES....in the middle of winter.....
- Finally!! We have a WINNER for the January's FREE ...
- Winter storm and birds!
- Bond Falls: The Finale!
- Bond Falls: Part Six
- Bond Falls: Part FIVE
- Bond Falls-Part FOUR
- Bond Falls-Part THREE
- REPOSTED: Here They Are!! January's FREE PHOTO CON...
- All votes are IN!! Here is your 2010 Winning photo...
- Bond Falls-Part TWO
- Bond Falls!-Part ONE
- Hoarfrost: Part THREE
- ▼ February (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)