Wednesday, May 27, 2009
A SKIN-NY Opportunity!
* New York artist Ariana Page Russell has a dermatological
disorder that makes her skin puff up immediately at the slightest
scratch (which renders her, she says, the "human Etch A Sketch").
She now scratches herself in deliberate patterns, to create artistic
designs, which she photographs and offers for sale. Russell says
she must work quickly, for her skin usually returns to normal after
about an hour. [Daily Telegraph (London), 4-13-09]
MY TOP TEN THOUGHTS?:
1. Does anyone else find this: creepy?
2. Do you wonder what designs she does? Like what? The Mona Lisa?
3. yeah, sure.....it is the scratch patterns that she photographs and sells. Forget that she may be naked when she does it?
4. What do you mean: "her skin USUALLY returns to normal after about an hour"??? So like if she carves out something obscene, it might NOT disappear? (That would be hard to explain in church!)
5. How much does she charge for these gross photographs?
6. Has she heard of the word: infection?
7. She needs to get a life. Or at least a meaningful hobby.
8. Can you imagine what she says to her "significant other"?
Her: "I'm going out to do some scratching and photos, hon. See you later."
S.O.: "Not again!".
Her: "I promise...I won't be gone long..they should disappear in about an hour, so I will be gone...oh...I don't know...3 or 4 hours, at most."
S.O.: Please don't etch in the picture of the guy mooning someone again, hey? I had to look at traces of that one for over a week. Let's just say, it didn't do much for our sex life..."
Her: Oh, don't be so touchy.
S.O. Not a problem. I mean those welts are a little icky. There definitely will be no touching.
Her: Where is the zoom lens?
S.O.: You want a close up of THAT?
Her: Silly, my customers like to see the welts on my skin up close and personal.
S.O.: I don't think I want to hear this.....
Her: Hey, I make over $1,000 a photo!
S.O. : Hey, lift up your shirt, I have a mural idea!!
9. What would Michelangelo say about this?
10. OUCH!!!! (Can somebody say MASOCHIST?)
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 6
- I Just Feel Like Humming.................
- Dumb Laws: Arizona
- More Spring Flowers (I Can't Help Myself!)...
- A SKIN-NY Opportunity!
- Nests everywhere!
- Sold !!!
- The Gardens!:
- More Evidence of Wonderful Spring!
- What a difference a few days makes!
- Mother's Day Adventure
- Be Careful What you Zap
- Signs of Life! (Even though it SNOWED yesterday!)
- Be Careful Not to Hurt Yourself
- Birds, Birds Everywhere!!
- Sunset and the Moon
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 5
- A Day of Adventure: Part 3
- Even Barbie is Getting Old!!
- A Day of Adventure: Part 2
- A Day of Adventure: Part One
- More Local Police News to Report...!!!
- Please Don't Hate Me...
- Maybe we ARE the Bird Hospital?
- MSU Spring Botanical Garden: Part 2
- MSU Spring Botanical Garden Tour, Part 1
- More Dumb State Laws!!
- ▼ May (27)