Saturday, February 18, 2012
Rivers, Rocks and Roads
Today, I should be back from Mexico...
since I am probably up to my armpits
in dirty laundry and jet lagged,
I went ahead
pre-published this blogpost
to cover me for
one more day
until I can get back to routine...
Hopefully, I can start posting some of my Mexico trip photos for you soon.
And some winter ones, before it is spring!
Many of you are probably having spring right now,
but in the U.P. we won't see any signs of spring until the end of April...
and even some years we get snow then too.
So today, we are still in autumn
for my photos.
This river is wonderful during any season...in winter it freezes over.
I loved the green green ferns against the orange leaves here:
I love slowing down the river with my shutter speed when taking photos of water
and making the water "dreamy":
Mirrored reflections of autumn in the river:
Another road scene.
My poor hubby...I am always telling him to STOP the truck
so I can get out and get a shot:
I fell in love with the big mossy rocks in the middle of this autumn river:
Some of the bluffs we had to climb around/up
to take some waterfall pictures...
I was whining and my husband was helping me up over and around large
boulders on the river's edge so I didn't have to scale THIS big rock bluff!
Glimpses of blue water through the colored leaves:
We didn't have time to fish. (Dang!!):
I hope your life is flowing as smooth as this river,
and contains as much color as this autumn
has less rocky times than the bluffs above!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- A Hint of What's to Come....
- PLEASE be patient....Houston, we have a problem!
- Rivers, Rocks and Roads
- Continuing Color...
- Happy Valentine's Day!!
- This and That from the Lake and Woods
- An autumn doe, ducks and what else? (wood's roads ...
- I am NOT going to Talk today....Well, at least not...
- Lake Michigamme and the U.P. in Autumn
- Autumn Captured in Photos, continued:
- REPOST: Here they Are! January 2012's Entries to ...
- Still Revisiting Autumn's Splendor
- ▼ February (12)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)