Monday, December 12, 2011
King Lake Fishing trip!
Back to some more summer
We often take a ride to a little lake not far from where we live.
But we hadn't fished it before.
So we had some friends from Wisconsin that wanted to take a trip up
to do some fishing on their boat--so we packed up a picnic lunch,
hooked up our boats
and away we went.
Little did we know that we would have STRONG winds that day!
The wind blowed us all over the lake, and our anchor barely held us in one place.
So my hubby and I took refuge on one of the many islands on King Lake
and explored it, fished it and I did some photography off of it instead.
(My kind of fishing!)
Here are some of the images I captured that day:
Our friends in their boat, fishing away on KING LAKE:
I really liked this scraggly tree silloutte against the sky:
And amber waves of grain...........................
(And Lichen. Me likey lichen!)
Little rock island:
You can see, we had the whole lake to ourselves! (No one else was crazy enough to fish in THAT kind of wind!):
O.K. , I admit it. I am attracted to scraggly trees!:
Yes. I played with this a little bit in Photoshop to make it look like a painting.....
We came home without a fish.
We only had two bites all day.
But I loved being out there all the same.
Besides, we grilled steak for dinner, and my company didn't mind a bit!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Ducks and Dusk and gorgeous colors!
- Lake Splendor!
- Let's talk Turkey!!!
- Merry Christmas from the U.P. !!!
- Lake, River and Falls!
- Beautiful Falls and a Buck!!
- Lilies, tree roots and water scenes....
- This and that from the Woods!
- We have a Winner!: Nov. 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST: T...
- King Lake Fishing trip!
- Hidden Waterfalls; Part Two!
- Hidden Waterfalls!
- This and that from the Late Summer Woods
- Here they are! =November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entr...
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)