Friday, August 26, 2011
In the last post, I showed you my garden Columbines....
Today, I am going to show you
some Iris that I had this June
in my garden.
They are also some of my favorite summer flowers.
I think it is because they look exotic, or tropical to me:
And being from bulbs, they are so totally easy to plant and grow:
They look like grape koolaide tongues!:
I want to be like my blogger friend BETSY, and get a bunch more colors....
but for now the yellow and orange and purple ones are wonderful!:
Love those fuzzy tongues!!!:
I really miss them when they get done blooming...
look forward to them in my garden every year.
Hope you enjoyed sharing them with me today!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Summer Bouquet!
- Baby Robins with Mom....
- Summer Iris!
- Some Summer Color and Not......
- The Second Blogpost that was left in Draftland
- Do You See What I See???
- WE have a winner for July's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- This and That from Summer
- Ir's all about Lupines! (Oh and the moon and other...
- Chains and Spiderwebs!
- Things that Start with a B...
- NEW REPOST!:::Here They Are!! July's FREE PHOTO CO...
- Butterflies and Flowers....
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)