Wednesday, August 24, 2011
In the summer, certain flowers really stand out
as true favorites of mine.
Columbines rate way high on this list.
So today I am sharing some photos
of them with you.
I love the different colors of Columbines...and that they can face UP or face down:
And especially their "tendrils"....like these that are BEHIND its face:
Facing the sun:
Just a hint of lavendar on this one:
Even their centers are wonderful:
Some have double the petals!:
They grow so easily from seeds, so if you haven't tried them in your garden,
plant some next spring...(you can throw the seeds in your garden now and they will come up in the spring and keep seeding themselves year after year).
Plant your own joy for next year! :0}
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Summer Bouquet!
- Baby Robins with Mom....
- Summer Iris!
- Some Summer Color and Not......
- The Second Blogpost that was left in Draftland
- Do You See What I See???
- WE have a winner for July's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- This and That from Summer
- Ir's all about Lupines! (Oh and the moon and other...
- Chains and Spiderwebs!
- Things that Start with a B...
- NEW REPOST!:::Here They Are!! July's FREE PHOTO CO...
- Butterflies and Flowers....
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)