Monday, August 22, 2011
Some Summer Color and Not......
As always, I am running behind in "current" photos to
post for you.
Today I still have some early summer photos
to share...(even though it is now early autumn!)
Some are of some colorful captures
some are of some black and white ones.
I find that many times if you check your photos also in
black and white,
they can take on even more drama and loveliness
than in color.
See what you think on the ones inside this post....
Just a little moth I saw on an unknown white wildflower in the woods:
A turtle in the middle of a woods road.
(For the Love of God, please tell me I am not the ONLY person that makes her hubby
STOP the truck to take pictures of a turtle in the middle of the road?!):
for some black and white shots!:
A dandelion puff:
It was stuck in some leaves in my garden and the sun was hitting it just right...
I could NOT
not take this shot...right??:
Roots in the woods...
I loved how the black and white really shows off the wood's texture:
Would somebody PLEASE connect me with a support group
that helps my dandelion puff addiction???
"Hi. My name is Joan and I'm addicted to Dandelion puff photography."
I just want to take my picnic basket and climb into that little tree cavern
and perhaps meet up with Alice in Wonderland or something....
back to summer color:
A little brook in the woods:
While walking through the woods on a path, I spied these shadows of the ferns
and just knew I had to take a shot:
For my grand finale today,
My "most colorful" shot:
Not only do I adore poppies,
but I fell in love with their tissue petals
and their black "granola" centers:
Don't forget that the August 2011's
FREE PHOTO CONTEST
deadline is near!!
LAKE, POND, RIVER OR CREEK
no later than midnight, AUGUST 30th
You don't have to be a blogger to enter!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Summer Bouquet!
- Baby Robins with Mom....
- Summer Iris!
- Some Summer Color and Not......
- The Second Blogpost that was left in Draftland
- Do You See What I See???
- WE have a winner for July's FREE PHOTO CONTEST: Th...
- This and That from Summer
- Ir's all about Lupines! (Oh and the moon and other...
- Chains and Spiderwebs!
- Things that Start with a B...
- NEW REPOST!:::Here They Are!! July's FREE PHOTO CO...
- Butterflies and Flowers....
- ▼ August (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)