LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, February 23, 2009

The Journey: Day One


View Larger Map

This is the map of Upper Michigan and lower Michigan and the route we took for our first day of travel which equaled 500 miles per car.

Below is a picture of where the Mackinac Bridge connects Upper Michigan and Lower Michigan, crossing the Great Lakes: (use the minus symbol to make map smaller so you can see where the bridge crosses):



View Larger Map

Here are some actual pictures of the bridge:












Although the photos look like there is no snow,there is snow in Michigan. The water at the bridge was not frozen over.
We arrived that evening at our friends, Julie and Mike's and had a wonderful day and a half of tours of Coldwater, Michigan and great hospitality there. (If you are reading my blog: thanks you two!!)
Coldwater has many Victorian beautiful old houses and is a really cute town.
We got to see the inside of an old opera house that is being renovated, but I did not take photos inside of the building.

I will try and post our next stop soon on our blog.
I am writing this on Monday, Feb. 23rd and we are presently still in Madeira Beach, Florida. Today was cooler than usual for them, the high temp. was around 67 degrees.
It is supposed to be around 69F tomorrow and then from Wednesday on it is supposed to get back up in the high seventies. I have been to the beach, but only briefly because it has been too windy and cold. Hope to post those pictures in a few days, when I post that part of our trip for you.

I have sadly noticed that my readers dropped from fifty to 44 during my trip away. I ask my readers to be patient if I have not posted daily, as we would like to enjoy our trip and not worry about posting daily. I don't want to lose any of you!!!

5 comments:

Lynn Kellan said...

Hey,
I, too, noticed that I lost 5 followers, and I've been posting every day. Perhaps there is a fluke in the "followers" system?

I'll let you know if I find out more.

I hope you get warm sunny weather soon!
Warmly,
Lynn from forloveorfunny :)

The Retired One said...

Lynn: Thanks! Today is better, it is 72 degrees and sunny. I guess the loyal followers will wait for you and read you regularly, and the rest may have just watched for a while and left. My philosophy is: I LOVE my regular readers and I know they know that you hafta take vacations some time and they will check back when you get back. They are like gold to me and I do the same for them. The rest that are "casual" readers that mark themselves are followers don't really understand the close community bloggers have. I feel I have made some real neat friends here.

Anonymous said...

Hi I am thrilled to see you back on, I am noting these wonderful places you are writing about for when I achieve one of my goals to travel the world. It is these little places that you don't get to hear about from the usual travel places
continue to enjoy your trip and don't stress over the loss of followers they will all be back.

Rick (Ratty) said...

The pictures of the Mackinac Bridge are great. I had forgotten how much I've always wanted to see it for myself. The bridge looks like it would be a nice start to a great adventure.

The number on my followers list also dropped. It could be a glitch, or somebody decided they had enough. This in-page commenting system was also down yesterday for awhile. So there was no commenting on a few sites for a little bit.

The Retired One said...

Beverly: Thanks Beverly for assuring me that my readers will be back. I sure hope you are right. I miss hearing from some of them! Stay tuned, I will be posting some pretty neat ones from Savannah, next.

Ratty: Yes, you must (MUST!) take a trip up north to the Mackinac Bridge and the U.P. this summer. Seriously. It won't cost you much from where you are because gas prices are lower. With your love of nature, you will get some wonderful photos at the bridge and in the U.P.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: