LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Signs of Spring!! (Last YEAR!!...we are in a BLIZZARD here today~!)

All I could think of to stay sane today was to post-process some pictures I took last May.....
You see, the U.P. is having a blizzard today in our part of Michigan.  Already have gotten another 4 inches of snow and it doesn't look like it is slowing down anytime soon.
 
I always have a ton of images that I haven't had time to post process, so that was I decided I would do today....pick some wonderfully happy, gloriously warm past days that I captured with my lens and think SPRING as much as possible.
 
 
These shots were taken in May last year...just after the snow melted here and the first few spring flowers broke through the forest floor.
 
 
 
Spring Beauties:


 
 
 
 
 
 
I found a mushroom on a log that formed a perfect rose!:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Dutchman's Britches beside a spring waterfall:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blue Indigo bird on spring branches:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spring waterfall in the emerging green wood:
 
 
 
 
Single Trout Lily:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spring Beauties growing on the rock wall:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trout Lilies by the tree:
 
 
 
There, now I feel a little bit better....
How about YOU?
 
It is supposed to continue to snow for two more days in a row.
I am not sure I can take it.
 
So, be prepared for more spring pictures soon.
 
It's therapy...........................


10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

that is a really cool rose of a mushroom...i feel you...we have been under ice for two days....the world is melting right now because it is a baumy 40 degrees out...ha....

Hilary said...

Let's make it group therapy, shall we? The photos are lovely. May you be able to take similar ones again very soon.

The Furry Gnome said...

Gorgeous beautiful pictures!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Bring on the spring pictures.These are lovely.

Gail Wilson said...

I am sorry that you are still having such terrible weather back there. Your photos are wonderful so maybe Mother Nature will remember it is almost Spring!!!! Gail

Chris said...

Hi there, greetings from another Northern retiree. Beautiful photos. I'm just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Far Side of Fifty said...

The blizzard missed us this time! I enjoyed your photos very much:)

Jeanette said...

You have a lot more signs of Spring up there than we do down here!

Jeanette said...

OK forget that previous comment! I guess I should have read the title before being dazzled by your beautiful pictures!!!

MadSnapper said...

that rose mushroom is amazing and gorgeous. all the photos are gorgeous today... and yes i do feel better

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: