LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Monday, March 24, 2014

More Spring Flowers (which are hiding in our part of the country right now!)

Still here...
still waiting....
for
the snow to melt
and
reveal spring flowers.
 
I have been seeing everyone else's posts on Facebook
showing
daffodils and tulips.
Sigh.
This morning, here...it was 16 degrees BELOW zero...
and we have at least two feet of snow
which doesn't look as it will melt for many weeks yet.
 
I am trying to be patient.
 
Anyone have the definition for patient?
 
I decided I needed to get my eyes on some spring flowers today, so went back in my archives to last year's treasures....and am posting them for you (and ME!) today.
Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
Spring Beauties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hillside of Blood Root:
 
 
 
 
 
 
More Spring Beauties:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Blood root by the old log:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trout lilies!:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Trout Lillies with spring beauties on the forest floor:
 
 
 
 
 
 
Spring beauties by the mushroomed log:
 
 
The Spring Beauties, Trout Lilies and Bloodroot are the first few wood wildflowers that show up here when the snow melts, followed by Trilliums.
 
I will be going through some more of my wildflower photos and will be posting some Trilliums soon for you!
 
Happy Spring Everyone, and I am happy for those of you wayyyyy ahead of us in your blooms!


10 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thank-you! Thank-you! Thank-you! Each post like this gives an ounce of hope for things to come.

Hilary said...

I can commiserate. We have the same thing happening here. The ice on our lake has to be at least two feet thick. Snow is as deep. And temperatures are wickedly freezing. But your lovely photos are a reminder of what's to come. By July, at the latest. ;)

MadSnapper said...

so sorry to hear this. I have never seen blood root or trout lilies, so thanks for these. they are truly beautiful. i am wishing you warmth and spring flowers really SOON

DJan said...

We are seeing trees in bloom and flowers thrusting their beautiful selves out of the ground. But I still enjoyed seeing your archives and hope you will be seeing the 2014 version soon! :-)

Brian Miller said...

snow tonight into tomorrow...here...ugh...just when the flowers were really coming in nice...

The Furry Gnome said...

Excellent pix, but we have the same temperatures And snow that you do. We'll see those flowers in May here.

Linda Reeder said...

Wow. Still 16 below! I can't imagine.

Unknown said...

although yesterday was balmy for us even with a cold breeze there are no glimpses yet of anything floral...but nearly all the snow is melted, still some icy glacial like hold on areas are remaining.but it will be spring, it wiil.

Terra said...

I like your photos of flowers, and your retirement theme. I am retired too and love gardening. Nice to meet you here.

Midlife Roadtripper said...

I hope posting these beautiful photos has given you hope for what is soon to come. Ugly winter this year. Cheers to Spring!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: