LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Here they ARE!!==August's Photo Contest Entries!!

As expected...
when deciding on the August theme for the FREE PHOTO CONTEST,
I knew
SUNRISES and SUNSETS
would bring us 
SPECTACULAR photos.

I was right!!
And?
We got EIGHTEEN entries*!!!!
18!!!!!

(*If you entered this contest and do NOT see your photo below, please contact me ASAP to let me know...I try my best every month not to forget anyone, and inevitably, I miss one or two entrants!! I will wait to contact the judges until next week, so if your picture is NOT below, let me know right away and I will do a revised post to include yours!! Thanks!!)
Isn't that wonderful??
So,
once again,
                                          
 grabba cup of coffee (or since it is sunrises/sunsets, maybe a glass of wine?)
and
put your feet up
and savor these wonderful photos!!!:



This one is from Judy. She has two blogs. One is called: "The Road to Here" and the other one is called: "Through Squirrel Eyes".







This one is from Nick M. He does not have a blog.






This is from Sara. Her blog is called: "Greyt Days".







This one is from Scott P. He does not have a blog.







This one is from Carmen. Her blog is called: "Carmen's Chronicles".







This one is from Loree. Her blog is called: "Stories and Scribbles".







This one is from Connie. She has two blogs. One is called: "Far Side of Fifty" and the other one is called "Far Side of Fifty Photos".











This one is from Karen F.  She does not have a blog.








This one is from Arti. His blog is called: "My Yatra Diary".







This one is from Nancy. Her blog is called: "Blissed out Grandma".








This one is from J.J.  Her blog is called: "The World According to J.J. in L.A."








This one is from Larry B. He has two blogs. One is called: "Larry's Creative Zone" and the other one is called: "Larry's Photo Blog".






This one is from Larry J.  His blog is called: "The Birders Report".








This one is from Linda Reeder. Her blog is called: "Linda's Letters".








This on is from Linda C. Her blog name is: "Up A Green Tree".







 This is from VaBookworm. Her blog is called: "Confessions of a Bookworm".








This one is from Pat. His blog is called: "Extremely Overdue".












This one is from Lynn from "For Love or Funny."

*******************************************************************

Wow, I TOLD you they were all going to be wonderful.
Just looking at all of these beautiful shots
makes me feel refreshed.

How about you?

The judges aren't going to feel refreshed...
they are going to feel STRESSED, because they have to pick just ONE winner!

Thanks again to all the people who entered the contest...!!!
We appreciate your talents and your photos so much.

Now, 
(drum roll please.......................)
it is time to announce
September's FREE PHOTO CONTEST's theme.

It is:

WATERFALLS!!!!

Get your waterfall photo into me 
by midnight, Sept. 30th, 2010
following
(except I am super nice and have removed one rule.)

You now can enter any photo that you have already posted on your own blog.

So, get busy, go out there and drive or hike to a falls and take a photo
or
go through your archives and pull out ONE favorite waterfalls shot you already have
and send it in!!

Good luck!!!!

22 comments:

Linda said...

This month the judges are going to be stumped.
Each photo is a winner. (in my eyes)
Thank you again for making this so much fun.

L. D. said...

Wow, they all are so great. I don't envy the job the judges will have to do on this one to pick the top one.

Arti said...

All the pics are spectacular... The judges surely have their work cut out!!

Arti said...

All the pics are spectacular... The judges surely have their work cut out!! Best wishes to all:)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Wow what a great bunch of photos! I will have to really search for a waterfall..we don't have any here in the plains...hopefully I will get to the North Shore in the next month, either that or get really creative!:)

Brian Miller said...

oh my...i feel so sorry for who ever you got voting this time around...they are all so gorgeous!

Jeanette said...

They are all gorgeous! The judges will have a hard time choosing for sure!

Linda Reeder said...

Great bunch of photos. It's hard to go wrong with sunrise/sunset!
Waterfalls, huh. Hmmm.

Bernie said...

What beautiful photos, all of them. A tough job for your judges.....:-) Hugs

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice group!
Don't you just love sunsets? And they happen everyday....

Mellodee said...

I would guess that it's really hard to take a BAD photo of a sunset! These are all beautiful! In my mind, however, there is one clear winner. Now I'll just wait and see if the judges agree with me!

Loree said...

Spectacular photos. I am going to have a lot of difficulty finding a photo of a waterfall here. LOL

VaBookworm87 said...

So many awesome photos! I love sunsets :oD

We don't have waterfalls here... only fountains... we have lots of fountains lol

Unknown said...

I wouldn't want to be a judge! They are so beautiful, each in it's own way!

Sharon said...

I enjoyed all of these so much (as well as your own). Will look in on each of the blogs, as well.

Rick (Ratty) said...

Such great photos. I love sunset pictures. I always wish there was a place I could go around me where I could see one, at least once in a while.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Great group of pictures, Joan... But I must admit that your 'teaser' one the other day was the BEST of all of them.... Too bad you can't enter your own contest... ha ha .... Linda Reeder's is my fav this month.
Hugs,
Betsy

SquirrelQueen said...

So many gorgeous sunsets, they make me want to get a glass of wine and sit back and enjoy all the views.

Waterfalls could be a little difficult here on the edge of the high desert but I'll try. Betsy should enter this one.

Anonymous said...

the sunsets are magnificent! I finally had to send one of my photo corresponding to the theme, it will be for a next time!
Bye !!

Unknown said...

They're all beautiful, but that one by Scott P. is simply amazing!

RNSANE said...

Oh, my goodness, what beautiful shots, all of them. I had so many sunset/sunrise pictures of my own, I had one heck of a time choosing one to send.

Grandmother Mary said...

I'm new to your wonderful blog but I'll be back. Loved the photos and Linda Reeder was my favorite. Getting out my waterfall shots now!

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: