Friday, May 21, 2010
Giddiup!!!...(or otherwise known as Have you ever seen a horse with a mullet?)
Last weekend, my husband and I headed out to
some estate and yard sales...
one of my favorite things to do!
(More about the goodie I found in a future post)...
But, when we were looking over some things in a garage, I looked out of the corner of my eye,
and saw that they had a wonderful field
it had HORSES!!!
I couldn't help myself.
I had to ask if I could photograph them.
They had the most delightful family of girls
were SO nice...they jumped right off their porch
and obliged me....
and spoiled my passion of photography
by even bringing the horses to different spots
so I could photograph them.
I hope the girls are reading the blog, as I gave them my blog address.
One sweet girl is very interested in photography, so I told her how to set up a blog
and I hope she pursues her dream to begin one of her own
to start her photography hobby.
how could I NOT take HIS picture??:
Don't you want to touch him nozzle right now?? I did and he was a Sweetie!
These two were sooo gentle and sweet!:
Oh!!!! And those MANES!!!.....
I dug my fingers in and fluffed them up, oh yes, I did!
Who KNEW a horse could have a MULLET???????:
Any horse that can still wear a mullet and carry it off with grace, well, heck, partner....you gotta love him!
Pretty, pretty boy!
(At least I think he was a boy...you know, I never checked any of these horse's lady or man bits to know for sure):
To me, all horses are full of grace, intelligence and beauty:
But these guys should of done hair product commercials..I mean, seriously...just LOOK!:
I think I want a horse!:
I don't think our little village would like them in our front yard though.....
Maybe I could keep him on my pontoon on the lake?
Well, my garage?
My husband quickly (and nervously) called me from the yard sale
and said it was time to go.............
I think he could tell I was developing a crush on THIS guy:
Who could blame me????
Once again, I want to thank the girls and family that let me take photographs of their lovely horses...I hope you think I did them justice!!
A reminder to all my readers, including (I hope)
the dear girls from the yard sale where these beautiful horses lived....
Please remember that I have a FREE Photo contest every month..
May's theme is:
You don't need to be a blogger to enter.
Just follow THESE RULES
and enter your landscape photo by midnight, May 31st, 2010.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- It's DEADLINE day, People!!!!...You only have hour...
- April 2010 Florida Photos: Part THREE (More of Har...
- Ok, call me FICKLE.........
- Yuck, Ick and Peeee-you!!!
- Springtime at home in the U.P.: A series of signs:...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part TWO, (otherwi...
- Giddiup!!!...(or otherwise known as Have you ever ...
- Oh Gosh...we finally have a WINNER!!! (and it wasn...
- Springtime at home in the U.P.! : A Series of Sign...
- April 2010 Florida Trip Photos: Part ONE
- The PERFECT homecoming gift.....
- Finally!.....Here They Are!! April's Photo Contest...
- Mystery Ducks....Common Mergansers?
- Our Newest Miracle.....
- Hooded Mergansers!
- More Local Police Reports: A Double Treat!
- Flickers and Duckers!
- More Useless Tidbits!
- A Note about the April Photo Contest....
- ▼ May (20)
- ► 2009 (298)