Saturday, September 12, 2009
As my regular Followers/readers know, I do some series now and then amongst all my photography blogposts. I sometimes do Local Police Reports, sometimes I do Useless Facts and Trivia and other times, I do Dumb State Laws.
I don't do them on specific days of the week, I just mix those "regulars" in now and then so that those people who do not like all photographs will get some relief now and then.
So, laying in bed the other night, unable to sleep, I thought of another regular series I might be able to do. Some other bloggers call theirs "Random Thoughts".
I thought of calling my similar series: Quirky Observations.
I love the word "quirky". (Because that's how I roll).
Webster's Dictionary defines quirk as:
" quick turn or twist. Oddity of character. Having sudden turns, tricky, difficult. (Origin unknown.)"
That is it!
My random thoughts are definitely going to be quirky to others.
So, lucky you...here is the first in my series of "Quirky Observations".
What was I thinking of in bed when I couldn't sleep that was quirky?:
(Slow drum roll..please....................pa dum ta dum dum):
"WHAT??", you say???
You heard me! (Don't pretend you didn't, I KNOW you did!).
What in the hell IS it?
Well, Webster defines it as:
"a sausage containing ground pork liver".
My next quirky thoughts were: Who on earth EATS LIVERWURST??
From what I remember, it is this grey mystery meat wrapped in a casing. It is soft and is an oozy spread inside the casing, that has the consistency of toejams and smells about as awful.
Well, I remember my mom eating some. With MUSTARD on bread. Quite frequently.
Are you gagging yet??
Are you SURE you are done gagging yet?
Ok, I will wait some more....
But to tell you the truth, I have not seen anyone else eat it in my entire life except my mom (and I think my Dad did too).
Nor have I seen any in a store lately.
(Not that I have looked.)
I could have walked right by it in the supermarket and subliminally avoided it altogether.
Because my parents ate it and it totally grossed me out.
Did I mention that my parents ate it yet?
Maybe they kissed me goodnight and accidently burped and a little of the mustardy liverwurst smell escaped at the wrong moment, scarring me forever. I don't know.
But I have decided, that It HAS to be THE reason why I need therapy and haven't pursued it yet....
Yup. Liverwurst is the culprit.
Now, what do you think the Therapist will make of THAT one???
Perhaps they will chart: "Patient reveals traumatic event related to quirky liverwurst incident in childhood." "This one is going to be a challenge." "Note to self: schedule frequent sessions with this one."
If you don't return to my blog, EVER..after reading this first of my series of my personal quirky thoughts, I would understand perfectly.
Really I would.
But if you DO return. Just don't say the "L" word.
I haven't had enough sessions yet.....
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- ► 2011 (187)
- ► 2010 (230)
- This and That from the Woods and the Lake...
- More Dumb State Laws: Connecticut!!!!
- The U.P. is on FIRE!!!
- Useless Facts and Trivia: Volume 13
- Only a Mother Could Love a Face Like That...
- More local Police Reports!...
- More Mergansers!
- Worse than the Loch Ness Monster...
- You say you want mushrooms with that???
- This and That: Loving Nature
- Eagle Scout
- Copper Harbor, Lake Medora and Lake Superior
- Quirky Observations
- Hawks and Hares and Oh My!...
- Portage Entry!
- You are Such a Turkey!!
- Ten Things NOT to do if you are a Woman and it is ...
- Autumn Carp River Gardens: Part Two
- Autumn visit to Carp River Gardens: Part One
- ▼ September (19)