LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION

COPYRIGHT INFORMATION
All pictures (and blogposts) are copyrighted and may not be reproduced/used in any manner without my PRIOR approval. Thank you for respecting my hard work.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Mexico Adventure: Part Twelve: Whale Watching: Part B

Oh, you THOUGHT
I was done with the Mexico series, did you?

Well....
almost.

I just wanted to share some more whale watching photos because I was so excited to be so close to them.

Once again, our guide took a lot of these photos, and when I got back I enhanced them a little (straightened horizons, fixed the lighting for your better viewing)...so sit back
and let's continue watching the whales, shall we???


Fanning out tail! This just thrilled me!



We spotted a Mama and a Baby!
Squeal!!!!:






Up close and personal!:





Heads up!!







A whale in shimmering sunlight...what can be a better thing to see on a sunny afternoon?






Thar she blows!!!





 
I think we all yelled: "Oh WOW!!" when this happened close to us:





TWO!!:




My favorite shot of them all:


Of course there are more pictures of them, but they are similar to these
and my prior post.

Seeing them in person, up close and personal (for the second time in my life)
was thrilling beyond belief.

One more thing I can cross off my bucket list.

But, not to worry--
My list is a LOT longer than I will ever live to fulfill.
But?
I'm gonna die trying!!

11 comments:

Country Gal said...

Awesome photos ! They are huge arent they but beautiful ! Have a Happy Easter weekend !

diane b said...

That's a great attitude and I'm going to join you. The colour and shots are great. The last one with the light shining on the water falling from its tail is excellent.It must have been so exciting.

TexWisGirl said...

these are amazing. so cool!

LoieJ said...

How thrilling to see the whales. Our family went to Nova Scotia about 10 years ago. One of the side trips was to see the whales. The trip was to be in a rubber raft thing. We slept in a motel on the island we were to launch from, but when we awoke, the curtain was actually blowing sideways into the room. I thought to myself: NO WAY. (I get sea sick.) But the whole trip was cancelled. We couldn't reschedule because they were always booked and we had other reservations for other days. So we missed out. I would want to do this in a real boat if I ever get a chance again.

Ruth Hiebert said...

THat last shot needs to be enlarged and hung on a wall.

MadSnapper said...

love that last tail shot, they are such magnificent animals.

LindyLouMac said...

The virtual whale watching has been wonderful, so to see in reality must have been amazing!

Tina´s PicStory said...

wow! wonderful pics :)

Red said...

Whales are so majestic that they have a tremendous influence on you. The small beluga whales are just as awesome. Belugas are easy to spot when you fly over them because of the creamy white color.

Ginnymo said...

Wow! Awesome photos!! What a treat to see a baby one also!!

Cheap Webhosting said...

loved your last lines :) When I went for my first whale watching at Puerto Piramides, we had 5 whales come up to the boat and check us out. It was incredible to be that close to something so big and gentle

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.

REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
Please do not copy any of my photographs (or narratives) without my permission! All pictures will be tracked for copyright violations.

Lijit Search

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

About Me

My photo
I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!

Blog Archive

ultimate translation selector

To get more traffic to your blog: