LIKE MY BLOG? Click below on "FOLLOW" and add yourself to the list of my followers!
Saturday, July 30, 2011
This and That from June...
In Spring and summer, there are certain things that create emotion.
I don't know what makes us so melancholy in the Spring and summer.
It just happens.
For instance, THIS fellow makes me both smile and get angry at the same time.
(He eats up all my bird seed, ALL DAY LONG!!):
And this little fluffy chipping sparrow twittering on the branches
just makes me happy:
The eloquence of a Columbine, makes me wonder about the miracles of Nature:
This was one of the farm dogs at the Alpaca farm I recently visited.
His sad, loyal eyes makes me want a dog again. Longing.
But I can't....I just can't:
A goldfinch in flight
just takes my breath away:
And seeing bright yellow in the trees after a barren, cold winter lifts my spirits up
more than I can describe:
If he is FLUFFY??....
Well, it makes me darn right GIDDY:
The bright greens of hosta leaves and the delicate blue forget-me-nots
make me smile in wonder:
Finding a garden moose for my garden at a rummage sale for $4.00??
Practically DRUNK with joy!:
And spying a hummingbird aiming for spring blossoms?
Thankful to the angels in heaven:
May your day be full of this season's emotions....
and gratefulness to Mother Nature
for the joy the seasons brings us.
REMINDER: All photographs on this blog are COPYRIGHTED.
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- This and That from June...
- Spring Woods and Garden
- Ok, I lied....here are MORE Alpaca photos!
- Alpacas!: Part Four
- Alpaca's! : Part THREE
- Alpacas: Part TWO !!
- Alpacas!!: Part ONE
- WE have a WINNER!: June 2011 Free Photo Contest: T...
- Out in My Spring Garden
- More Trilliums, Spring Flowers and Birds, Etc. (I ...
- White, Yellow, Pink and Green and Birds and Dragon...
- Fiddleheads, Ferns and Flowers
- Smitten and Distracted
- Here they Are!! June's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entries:...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)