Thursday, December 29, 2011
Before the change of the leaves...
before the snow....
there was late summer.
And it went out in splendor!
Sunset and the moon rising....
Wagner Falls, in September:
A migrating duck on our lake near sunset:
Dusk on our Lake Michigamme:
That cool white house on the cliff is right directly across the lake from our house...
I have always loved it.
And with ducks in front of it?
A lone goose in the water:
Heading home on the boat at dusk on our lake:
One of our lake's islands at sunset...
when the golden "civil twilight" brings out the beauty
in everything it washes:
Now..if I could just make or invent
makeup for our skin
to do what the setting sun does
I'd be a millionaire!!!!
- The Retired One
- I retired in June 2008 and started my blog in November 2008. I worked at several jobs as a Registered Nurse prior to retirement. I LOVE being retired! Blogging has offered me a whole new venue to start writing again and to share new hobbies such as gardening, birdwatching and sharing my nature photography. If you like my blog, PLEASE click on "follow this blog". Having a lot of followers reading my blog gives me incentive to continue to do photography and to continue to write. I also LOVE comments, so I encourage you to leave me a comment after you read my posts. Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read me!!
- ► 2012 (91)
- Ducks and Dusk and gorgeous colors!
- Lake Splendor!
- Let's talk Turkey!!!
- Merry Christmas from the U.P. !!!
- Lake, River and Falls!
- Beautiful Falls and a Buck!!
- Lilies, tree roots and water scenes....
- This and that from the Woods!
- We have a Winner!: Nov. 2011 FREE PHOTO CONTEST: T...
- King Lake Fishing trip!
- Hidden Waterfalls; Part Two!
- Hidden Waterfalls!
- This and that from the Late Summer Woods
- Here they are! =November's FREE PHOTO CONTEST entr...
- ▼ December (14)
- ► 2010 (230)
- ► 2009 (298)